- denationalize de‧na‧tion‧al‧ize [diː'næʆnəlaɪz] also denationalise verb [transitive]to sell a business or industry that is owned by the state, so that it is owned privately; = PRIVATIZE:
• There was no attempt to denationalize the giant state monopolies.
• denationalized companies— denationalization also denationalisation noun [uncountable] :
• the denationalization of British Rail
* * *denationalization UK US (UK ALSO denationalisation) /ˌdiːnæʃənəlaɪˈzeɪʃən/ US /ˌdiːnæʃənələˈzeɪʃən/ noun [C or U] ECONOMICS, GOVERNMENT► the process of denationalizing a government organization: »
A central government agency was set up to manage the denationalization of state enterprises.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Denationalization — De*na tion*al*i*za tion, n. [Cf. F. d[ e]nationalisation.] The act or process of denationalizing. [1913 Webster] … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
denationalization — (Amer.) n. privatization, act of removing from government control or ownership; changing an industry from state or public ownership to private ownership; (Politics) deprivation of national rights (also denationalisation) … English contemporary dictionary
Denationalization — The act of changing a government run firm into a private sector firm. In order to accomplish this transition, the government must either sell or otherwise redistribute the formerly government run firm in a way that is equitable to citizens.… … Investment dictionary
denationalization — denationalize (also denationalise) ► VERB ▪ transfer from public to private ownership. DERIVATIVES denationalization noun … English terms dictionary
denationalization — noun see denationalize … New Collegiate Dictionary
denationalization — See denationalize. * * * … Universalium
denationalization — noun The act or process of denationalizing, of removing from government control … Wiktionary
denationalization — privatization … Accounting dictionary
denationalization — See privatization … Big dictionary of business and management
denationalization — An alternative term for *privatization … Auditor's dictionary